Basically this is the story of a man who loves a robot. Then he breaks his robot and needs to get a replacement body. He hires a tracker played by Melanie Griffith. She is going to lead him into the wasteland to find the body for his rare robot.
I don’t have much to say about this movie. It is just ridiculous! Maybe if I was a man I would found some of this movie sexy and thus entertaining. I guess there were “sexy” parts.
The first ridiculous scene is when the main character breaks his robot. The female robot goes to the kitchen to clean up dinner and I guess starts doing dishes. Then the prono music kicks in. The main character which I did not even bother to learn his name, starts kissing the robot. They are so caught up in the making out that they allow the soapy dish water to overflow the sink. They are rolling around in the soapy water that is now all over the floor when the robot breaks. This is a pretty flimsy way to break the robot. Since becoming a homeowner I would never allow that amount of water to get on my floor. It would ruin stuff. Also dirty dish water is gross no matter the amount of suds. I guess with the guys dirty dishwater fetish he would have to get a robot because no real woman would be into that. And didn’t the robot come with a owners manual that said “Do not get wet.”
So there is not much more to say about this movie. When the main character ends up in a strange town in the desert it did remind me of Fallout 3.That is probably why that was the only part I found interesting. I could imagine that town in the Fallout 3 world because of the kind of 50s style and the completely delusional people that lived there. I think maybe instead of wasting my time watching this movie I should have played some Fallout 3.
- What is with the Jame Bond opening..Oh right this is suppose to be sexy.
- House looks like a bad theme hotel.
- What guys fantasy is to do it on the floor with yellow kitchen gloves and dirty dish water?
- Why did they have to take the goofy chair thing they could have just walked.
- This movie is so written for men.
- Creepy that is like having a dead body in bed.
- Cars in the future will have three wheels. And we are still using really old computers.
- Cat in a water jug? Does this replace piracte ships in bottles in the future?
- Why is she not wearing a bra? Oh wait again this is suppost to be sexy.
Directed by: Steve De Jarnatt
Written by: Lloyd Fonvielle (story)
Michael Almereyda (screenplay)
Starring: Melanie Griffith
Release date: November 17, 1988 (VHS)
Running time: 93 minutes
Budget: $10 million
MPAA: PG 13
Taglines: There’s a lot more to love than hot wiring.
Where to watch: Netflix